Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy Week and Weekend

There's no doubt about it, week five was the busiest so far. It started with a topknot and ended with a tight tidy on a Pomeranian and a Schnauzer's brick-shaped face! Tim even started timing my work; there's an area that's downright shabby. I admit, I nitpick. I'm a perfectionist, right down to the last detail! Tim definitely confirmed it when he took care of four paw pads AND nails in the time it takes me to do one! I know there's no comparison, as he's been doing this for fifteen years, but I still wish I was faster; it'll come in time. Rather coincidental, no? Haha!

Two fellow classmates graduated on Saturday: Vanessa and our roommate, Emily. I have a feeling that both of them will be great groomers. Vanessa has calmed down a bit with her handling this week (patience is a virtue, after all), and Emily is just so darned creative... kudos to both of them!

That also means that Merlin has left the building. Already, it's unnerving to not have a four-legged furbaby running around the house; I've caught myself several times looking for him when I know darn well that he went home! Perhaps I can see about bringing Xavier down here for the last two weeks...

Some of Sunny's relatives came for a visit, so we went on the town. Lexington is beautiful! We both ate so well; I know I went into "hibernation mode" on Saturday night. Guess I need a sign that says "Don't feed the groomer," haha!

Today we were supposed to go horseback riding with Novi, but the weather is gray and miserable. I took this opportunity to hole myself up and study. Not only am I getting through Diane's book on canine body language, but I've also read some fantastic articles in Neptune. Armed with Jean Donaldson's new advice, I feel inspired... I'm gonna need that doggy center that I dream about, haha!

We're supposed to scissorcise this week too! I hope number six pans out to be the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment