Thursday, September 9, 2010

Off to a Good Start!

Groom Expo 2010 kicked off today to an excellent beginning! Sadly, Debi wasn't able to make the trip. Tosha and I have been doing it big in her honor.

This morning, I got to say to Lisa Leady as well as Novi. I wish him all the best in his competition... GO NOVI!!

We met up with a girl named Vanessa; she and Tosha ended up going to the same shampoo and breed classes. I went in the direction of ethologist Susan Bulanda. I feel like I got a complete mental workout. All of the information we covered involved science-based reasoning as to how dogs interact with the world and why they do it, as well as a few reasons why we interact with our dogs in the ways we do! It was a real breath of fresh air for me; lately I've felt as though I'm beginning to disconnect with my ethological roots. Sometimes a good reminder like this is exactly what you need to put everything back into perspective. Many thanks to Susan Bulanda, the seminar was phenomenal in so many ways.

Afterward, I met Tosha and Vanessa at the Hershey Grill. Chocolate butter bread and turkey tenderloin - delicious! Once we were finished with our dinners, it was off to the Internet Social. I was happy to see Dawn Omboy and Ellen Ehrlich again, plus some new friends. This year's raffle was not the lucky star it was for me last year, but I did come out with some prizes: a breathe-easy mask and a pillow that Ellen made. So comfy and cute!

Dawn Omboy hosts and hands out prizes at the Internet Social!

Today was a great introduction of things that are still yet to come. Walking by the vendors setting up gets you a sense of electric excitement that can only come from the world's largest grooming trade show. Off to bed soon, tomorrow's gonna be huge!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Can't believe I got sick!!!!

Post a Comment