Friday, January 22, 2010

We Are Tired!

Xavier and I are currently on the verge of passing out. This late at night, we engage in one of our favorite pastimes: curling up and watching King of the Hill together!

I realize it's been a while since my last entry. Since then, I've picked up two jobs at two different salons! One of them is very high-volume, and the other one is rather slow this time of year. I have a feeling that there might be a battle over where I stay, but I'd like to keep both. One will help me focus on speed--especially for baths--and the other will help my accuracy, as I might get to do a little more of the grooming there. Between the two, I have a lot of valuable information to obtain. Hot topics right now include snap-on combs, stripping out dead coat with something other than the Furminator, and re-learning a few patterns that are more "correct" for their breeds.

Tomorrow is going to be exhausting, as I'll be focusing primarily on speed bathing. It's definitely a subject I need to work on, but then again, what isn't right now? I take it all as a learning experience. It's like I said in class one day, "I'm willing to try what might come down the pike, and I'll only dismiss something if I KNOW it's stupid!" Hehe. Good times.

Also, Xavier's birthday was yesterday. He turned five, as far as we know. He got Buddy Biscuits, Evo treats, and a giant beef shank. Let's just say that after all that overindulgence, he paid for it this afternoon - whoops! Luckily, he's easy to put back on his normal digestive track. A little rice with his food works wonders - thanks to this advice from my vet, he has spring in his step again. Good thing birthdays only come once a year!

OK, time for King of the Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment