Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm Glad I Stayed

So far this extra week has been nuts, and it's only going to get wilder from here on out! With thirty dogs coming in tomorrow, looks like it's going to be an early morning as well!

It's amazing how much I've already learned in the past few days. Here's a list of things that I would've missed out on, had I said I wasn't sticking around:

-I rock Bichon heads, haha!
-White Scotties and nail polish just go together!
-Hold the paw low and out of the way if the dog is being a noodge for nails.
-Sometimes it's best to just get through the mats with a #10 blade, but don't forget that the owners might be in a bind themselves!
-Even if you think you have people figured out, things still aren't always as they seem. Let them in, you may end up surprised.
-Hesitating to schedule a Schnoodle for a groom (try three months) will result in ears that closely resemble an enchanted forest - what I thought ear plucking was REALLY like!
-Sometimes a dog will unload everything they have at you. Never say that they're empty!
-Cockers can be jumpy as anything - ALWAYS one hand on the dog!!
-White Schnauzers still rock.
-A thinning shear swap (from 5-star to T-series) is a wonderful thing.

To elaborate a little more on those last two--as the others are fairly self-explanatory--my classmate Dianne got a surprise over the weekend when her husband called and said that she had a new puppy! Hannah, as she is currently named, is a baby white Schnauzer who is coming to live with them and their Great Dane very soon. Dianne is trying to come up with a nice German name; so far I like Hilde.

Dianne also ordered a pair of 5-star thinners from Kenchii; they were back ordered, so she received the T-series thinners (an upgrade) instead. She offered them to me in exchange for my 5-star thinners. Like I said, upgrading is a wonderful thing!

I'd love to close this entry in saying that all is smooth and wonderful down here. However, these next few coming days will be very hard for the school, and I'm not talking about all the dogs. Everyone, please keep us and the Nashes in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment