Sunday, December 6, 2009

We're Taking This Into OVERTIME!

Right now I should be saying that I'm getting excited to reach my graduation, pack up, and start some "real world" grooming. That, however, is not the case! Tim asked both me and Sunny to stay on, right up until Christmas, to help with the last busy week. How could I say no? Extra training at no additional fees whatsoever? Count me in, baby!

I can't think of anything more beneficial. I'll get a good taste of the busiest holiday season, possibly with 30+ dogs coming in and out of the school in one day! It's going to be intense, to say the very least.

So what else happened this week? One of my favorite little dogs came in for another groom. I gave Daisy, a little Pom with an alopecia coat, the appearance of a plush doll. Also, yesterday I got to groom my first Bichon that wasn't a shavedown! It took quite a few hours, but Wiggles (aptly named, too) came out very cute. I even got that tricky angulation in the knee, after Tim showed me how! Now I'm dying to groom another one!

So far I've learned that Schnauzer faces are my current demise. I've done a few different styles, and I think that's what's throwing me off. I'm determined to get that perfect Schnauzer expression!

I've been starting to think about what else is in store for me when I get back home and once the holidays are over. Intergroom is coming in April, and I really hope to go this year! In addition, I want to take some courses from the Animal Behavior Associates; I need to learn how to put the theories about how dogs really think into practice.

It's getting time to rock it out and reach for the cosmos!

No comments:

Post a Comment