Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winding Down to the End...

...and what a week it's been.

Dogs are coming in nonstop, and I've learned more lessons, both about dogs and people. Never again will I finish a groom for a sick dog just because mommy didn't want to come back later. When you expect the unexpected, you'll be better prepared when a bombshell (or bombshells, for that matter) gets dropped. Once an image is sullied, it's darn near impossible to restore it exactly the way it was. And above all? People who come from different schools of thought can indeed become excellent friends, and friends need to stick together.

Everything is too much detail for me to go back into, plus I'd rather put most of this week (and apparently other days) behind me. The perspective has done an almost 180 degrees, but my eyes are still on the prize. Not to mention that I now have a greater obligation to carry on a legacy, as we lost John Nash on Thrusday of last week. There are those of us who will join me in taking up this task, and there are those who won't. The choices are already made; I'm not here to dispute them, but make my stand. Here's to my fellow classmates who will carry the luminous torch of the grooming industry - kudos to you! /cheers

Their strength is one thing that has kept me going for this homestretch, but I was reminded last night that I still have muses of the four-legged and two-legged variety who add to it exponentially. Sometimes it's so easy to get wrapped up in tense moments and frustration, but I've gathered up that strength and inspiration, and I'm taking them with me. Maybe I'll keep it all in my pocket? Hehe!

It's crunch time now. I'm here for the dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment