Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Awesome first day!

OK, so I might be too exhausted some days to bring minute-to-minute coverage of my time at Nash, but that's a good thing - it's incredible here! We all introduced ourselves and then got out own tables... with cabinets! No more lugging around my big heavy blue suitcase, at least until I leave. I spent the majority of the morning marking my equipment with a distinguishing blue paw print; you never realize how much you actually pack until you spend so much time tagging it all!

Afternoon was great. My first day, and I got to team up with Sunny to bathe and dry... a black standard Poodle! The funny thing was that he looked like a gigantic Armani, the first dog I ever groomed - on this day last year to be exact! I think the Universe is trying to tell me that I'm in the right place, haha!

My hand has a small cramp in it from playing with my shears and the dryer, but it's a good feeling. It means I'm learning something new, and I'm going to need to acclimate to it. Speaking of which, I've learned that I adapt to changing environments a lot easier than I thought I would, similar to a dog! So far I'm feeling very at home here. The fact that I'm surrounded by other pet care pros helps - even with my grooming buddies, I don't get to talk this much "dog" at home!

Plus, I got to say hi to Xavier tonight - Mom said his eyes went wide when he heard my voice over the phone. I kind of wished he would've "Woo-woo"ed back, but I'm glad he still knows his mama's voice!

I'm going to be uploading pictures to Photobucket once I have the opportunity. Stay tuned for puppy pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment