Sunday, October 11, 2009

First Week Out... Already??

I'm still trying to figure out how an entire week is already over - it's amazing! I've got thirteen dogs under my belt, granted that they're all either prep grooms, natural styles or silhouette tidies. Still, I've learned so much in the short time here. Holding my shears is becoming a breeze; the secret is to pull with your fingers and push with your thumb to secure and steady - clean cuts! Not to mention a few random breed factoids, such as the Chihuahua's soft spot on the top of the head or how the Bedlington's speed body build should never be pulled out of a foxhole like you would a Westie... unless you WANT to get bit by a very angry dog!

So far I'm a fan of bulk thinning, especially for those pesky featherings on Golden Retrievers. My beveled feet could use a little more work, but they're coming along. I even got to work on some first-time clients, the most noteworthy being Toto, the gas station Schnauzer mix. He actually made me get sappy and emotional; not only was he an angel for his groom, but we're really not all that different. We've just both been set on the path to begin a great life journey, and for me, it was an honor that our paths crossed.

I always wonder what Xavier is up to at home. So far no problems - we're both keeping busy, I suppose. As much as I want to enjoy my time here, part of me is anticipating the day I bust through the front door and give my best buddy a giant cuddle!

Oh! As promised, here's some doggy pictures!
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u178/lightningyoshi/NashDogs/
Be sure to check it often for even more dogs!

Now what the HECK am I going to do all weekend? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment