Monday, October 12, 2009

A Nice Surprise

In my previous entries, I've failed to mention that my other housemate, Emily, brought her kitten along for the ride. Sunny (who also lives with us and is my former online classmate) and I can't get enough of his wild kitty antics - from nice to naughty in a split second! Merlin the Kitten is not just a ball of energy, but also has a cuddly side.

Em went to visit family over the weekend and took Merlin along. They came back later this evening and we realized how empty the place felt without our four-legged friend. In addition, it was the first time I realized how long I'd been away from Xavier. Going through pictures on my phone, I began to miss him terribly. Next thing I know, Merlin is crawling on my lap and gently nuzzling my head. He went upstairs, and I stayed down to watch some TV, thinking all the while about my four-legged boy back home. When I got up to my room, I heard a strange sound. Turning to the bed, I was greeted by a pair of green eyes and a joyful purr.

Merlin has taken a definite liking to all of us, and in such a short time. This gesture of friendliness from a hyperactive kitty when I felt troubled confirms my belief: our animals do indeed watch over us. I still miss Xavier, but Merlin's surprise greeting let me know that I am in good paws right now! I can't help but feel that as a soon-to-be groomer, I am returning the favor to all animal kind. If only more humans could be so supportive. And people ask me why I chose to work with animals so closely, haha!

It's late, and tomorrow starts a new week. I hope I get a hairy Nordic dog to groom soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment