Friday, October 2, 2009

The End of an Act

I don't remember when I first heard the line, "If life's a stage, it's time for the next act." All I know is that it's a really good way of looking at change. This act in my life has come to a close. Two years ago, I was unsure of my destination, but filled with determination. Now, I've got a new goal, that same drive, and a whole lot of something I didn't have much of before: confidence.

Most of the loose ends are tied up now. I sent a special thank you to the kennel for keeping an eye on Xavier for me while I was at Groom Expo. There were many fond farewells at the shelter on Thursday. I even printed out some pictures I had of Zeus and Trevor the Donut for my director to put on the urns--didn't have any of Raven, and I'd never seen Gypsie. Mere hours ago, I came out of a massive "food coma" induced by eating too much hibachi with some of my best friends from work--I'm gonna miss you guys like crazy!!

Seems like all that's left to do is finish packing, say a fond farewell to Xavier (sadly, he can't come), and hit the road. There's one thing I noticed though: it doesn't feel like tomorrow will be any different. Lately I've noticed a calm in the atmosphere, a sort of zen if you will; everything feels as it should. It's almost like I've just been a spectator in this town, watching and knowing that everything is going to be just fine. I'll admit I've had my worries, but they're all a thing of the past now.

If life's a stage, it's time for my next act. And for everyone I've met in this one and knew from previous ones, just remember another of my absolute favorite lines: "It's never really goodbye, because there will always be another dog show!"

School starts on Tuesday. Exit stage left, intermission, curtain up!

No comments:

Post a Comment